Administrative Services Division
Mission and Goals
Provide the administrative support essential for the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) to effectively accomplish the department's mission and to operate within the requirements set forth by the Governor and its respective control agencies and the Legislature.
Jobs and Exams
The Division's major functions include:
- Procurement and Contract Services (including Contract Services Unit and Procurement)
- Fiscal Services (Accounting Services and Budget Services Unit)
- Human Resource Services
Procurement and Contract Services
The Procurement and Contract Services provides OSHPD with the following services:
- Contract Services
The OSHPD Contract Services Unit prepares several hundred contracts a year for services, student placements and grants needed by OSHPD programs. The Contracts Office is the sole contact for processing contracts with the Department of General Services Legal Office. (For information on how to contract for services with the State of California go to http://www.pd.dgs.ca.gov).
- OSHPD Purchasing Authority Delegation Limits
- California State Contracts Register (CSCR)
- SB/DVBE Advocate (Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise)
The OSHPD Fiscal Services performs the following activities:
- Accounting Services - responsible for establishment, maintenance and reconciliation of General, Federal and Special fund appropriations. Responsible for the areas of accounts payable, cash receipts, accounts receivable, payroll distribution, travel claims (CalAters), revolving fund and general ledger. Responsible for labor cost adjustments and table maintenance. Responsible for the distribution of CALSTARS management reports; preparation of Plans of Financial Adjustment; and preparation and submission of reports and claims to the federal government. Preparation and submission of year-end financial statements and reports.
- Budget Services Unit - development and presentation of OSHPD's budget and federal grant applications; monitor performance, appropriateness and necessity of program expenditures; ensure OSHPD's fiscal integrity is maintained; and preparation of legislative fiscal analyses and budget change proposals.
Human Resources Services
The OSHPD Human Resources Office is one of the first points of contact with OSHPD administrative services for every employee. This unit works closely with programs' management to recruit and hire staff for positions within the Office. They ensure employees receive applicable pay and benefits. The Human Resources Services' functions include:
- Personnel Management;
- Classification and Pay Issues;
- Examination Services;
- Consultation for Managers and Employees; and
- Labor Relations.
It is with diligence and commitment that the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development's (OSHPD) Procurement and Contract Services Unit solicit partnership with the Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SB/DVBE) community. We strive to meet or exceed the percentages as defined by the Governor's Executive Order S-02-06 (Small Business) and D-43-01 (Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise). It is OSHPD's SB/DVBE advocate's responsibility to promote and encourage that all contracts/procurement processes be subjected to utilizing these programs when possible to ensure economic growth for the SB/DVBE communities and the State of California.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, January 25, 2017.