- Board Meeting Dates
- Current Meeting Agenda and Materials
- Board Members
- 2013 Committee List
- Appeal Procedures
- Guide for Working on Projects under OSHPD Jurisdiction - Tips from Experts - Final Draft
- Annual Report to California Seismic Safety Commission
- Healthcare Facility Construction Information
- Facilities Development Division Organization Chart
The Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB) in Summary
The Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB)was established by Senate Bill 519 (Alquist) in the original Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act of 1973.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- Advise the Director of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) on the administration of the Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act, and
- Act as a board of appeals with regard to seismic safety and fire and life safety issues relating to hospital facilities.
The board is comprised of:
- Sixteen board members appointed by the Director of OSHPD from nominations submitted by professional associations, as specified in the Health and Safety Code, and three more are appointed as public members.
- Six statutory ex-officio members, representing state agencies whose programs interface with the hospital design and construction program.
- Three additional ex-officio members appointed by the Director of OSHPD as desired. These appointed Board members serve 4-year terms with a maximum of two terms.
Board members maintain close contact with professional groups and important industry organizations to bring attention to changes and emerging issues occurring in the design and construction of health facilities in California.
The full Board meets on an as needed basis. Additionally, committee meetings are held throughout the year. All meetings are open to the public and interested parties are always welcome to attend.
To add your name and address to the Board‘s interested party list, please E-mail the Hospital Building Safety Board.
Hospital Building Safety Board
400 R Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, California 95811
Fax (916) 324-9188
- FDD Home
- FDD General / About FDD
- What's New?
- Project Status
- eServices Portal Client Access
- Forms, Applications, and Instructions
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Regulation Codes, Interpretations, and Policies
- Construction Observation and Building Permits
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Plan Review
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB)
- Licensed Clinics
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Additional Information/Resources
- Quality of Service Survey
- Email the Ombudsman
- Site Map