The series of "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) below are related specifically to health facility construction in California. The FAQs cover a broad range of topics such as:
- Title 24 - California Building Standards Code.
- FDD’s administrative procedures and processes (i.e. plan submittal, plan review and construction processes, etc.).
- The technical areas of design/construction (i.e. architectural, electrical, fire and life safety, mechanical, plumbing and structural).
The purpose of these FAQs is to provide responses to questions that are often asked of our FDD staff, as they pertain to Title 24, and that are not unique to one specific project. New FAQs will be added to the website on an as needed basis.
The FAQs are not intended to be code interpretations and they do not replace the Code Application Notices or Policy Intent Notices (CANs/PINs).
- 2007 Title 24 California Administrative Code
- OSHPD - FREER Manual (Field Reviewed Projects, Exempt Projects & Expedited Review Projects)
We welcome your feedback regarding this FAQ web page. Please direct any questions or comments to the Building Standards Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FDD Home
- FDD General / About FDD
- What's New?
- Project Status
- eServices Portal Client Access
- Forms, Applications, and Instructions
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Regulation Codes, Interpretations, and Policies
- Construction Observation and Building Permits
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Plan Review
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB)
- Licensed Clinics
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Additional Information/Resources
- Quality of Service Survey
- Email the Ombudsman
- Site Map