Code Application Notices (CAN) & Policy Intent Notices (PIN)
OSHPD issues Code Application Notices (CANs) to interpret specific sections of the California Building Standards Code. A Policy Intent Notice (PIN) is the Office’s policy on a specific subject. Click the links below to view an index of CANs that were issued for a specific year of California Building Standards Codes and the index of PINs that have been issued.
- Index of 2001 CANs (Based on 2001 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of 2007 CANs (Based on 2007 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of 2010 CANs (Based on 2010 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of PINs
To view additional codes go to the Codes & Regulations web page.
For questions or comments related PINs or CANs, please e-mail the Building Standards Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FDD Home
- FDD General / About FDD
- What's New?
- Project Status
- eServices Portal Client Access
- Forms, Applications, and Instructions
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Regulation Codes, Interpretations, and Policies
- Construction Observation and Building Permits
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Plan Review
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB)
- Licensed Clinics
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Additional Information/Resources
- Quality of Service Survey
- Email the Ombudsman
- Site Map