MIRCal – Ambulatory Surgery Data Collection Program
The California Health and Safety Code (Section 128737) requires ambulatory surgery (AS) data records from hospitals and licensed surgical clinics to be reported to the Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD). For text of the law, visit the California Legislative Information website.
Information about reporting AS encounters to MIRCal:
- Contact Us online or by phone.
- AS Format & File Specifications
- AS Abstract, Rev. 10/16
- AS Data Elements to be Reported
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws and Regulations
- Search for freestanding licensed Surgical Clinics
Choose ‘Surgical Clinic’ from the License Category drop-down list.
- Licensed, Accredited, or Certified Surgery Centers
- MIRCal AS Training & Education: On-Site Presentations & Teleconferences
- MIRCal Resources: Bulletins, Forms, Manuals
- Computer-Based Training (CBT): This is a step-by-step training course on how to submit your Inpatient, Emergency Department, or Ambulatory Surgery data to OSHPD through the MIRCal system. We strongly recommend that you take this training in order to become comfortable navigating through MIRCal.
This page was last updated on Thursday, January 5, 2017.