MIRCal – Emergency Department Data Collection Program
The California Health and Safety Code (Section 128736) requires hospital emergency care data records to be reported to the Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD). For text of the law, visit the California Legislative Information website.
Information about reporting ED encounters to MIRCal:
- Contact Us online or by phone.
- ED Format & File Specifications
- ED Abstract, Rev. 10/16
- ED Data Elements to be Reported
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Laws and Regulations
- MIRCal ED Training & Education: On-Site Presentations & Teleconferences
- MIRCal Resources: Bulletins, Forms, Manuals
- Computer-Based Training (CBT): This is a step-by-step training course on how to submit your Inpatient, Emergency Department, or Ambulatory Surgery data to OSHPD through the MIRCal system. We strongly recommend that you take this training in order to become comfortable navigating through MIRCal.
This page was last updated on Thursday, January 5, 2017.