BSNSPBachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship Program
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- graduate after January 31, 2015
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $13,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a medically underserved area (MUA), health professional shortage area (HPSA), county, state, or veteran facility. To determine if a facility qualifies, follow the instructions here.