Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment, the applicant must:
- be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA), County, State, prison, or Veteran's facility (to find out if your facility qualifies, follow the instructions here)
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- submit a complete application that is postmarked on or before October 1, 2013
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $8,000. If you were previously awarded the BSN loan repayment, you may be awarded a second time for up to an additional $11,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Each award requires an additional two year service obligation.