Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship
Application cycle is open from January 3rd, 2017 until February 28th, 2017.
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- graduate after June 30, 2017
- be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
- application is open January 3, 2017 – February 28, 2017
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $13,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), county, state, or veteran facility.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 12,882 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $146.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.