Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- graduate after June 30, 2017
- be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $13,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), county, state, or veteran facility.
This page was last updated on Friday, May 12, 2017.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 12,882 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $146.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.