Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program
Application cycle opens August 1, 2017
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment, the applicant must:
- be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), County, State, prison, or Veteran's facility
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $8,000. If you were previously awarded the BSN loan repayment, you may be awarded a second time for up to an additional $11,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Each award requires an additional two year service obligation.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 12,882 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $146.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.