FDD Frequently Asked Questions
The series of "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) below are related specifically to health facility construction in California. The FAQs cover a broad range of topics such as:
- Title 24 - California Building Standards Code.
- FDD’s administrative procedures and processes (i.e. plan submittal, plan review and construction processes, etc.).
- The technical areas of design/construction (i.e. architectural, electrical, fire and life safety, mechanical, plumbing and structural).
- Useage and processes for the eServices Portal Client Access (eCA).
The purpose of these FAQs is to provide responses to questions that are often asked of our FDD staff, as they pertain to Title 24, and that are not unique to one specific project. New FAQs will be added to the website on an as needed basis.
The FAQs are not intended to be code interpretations and they do not replace the Code Application Notices or Policy Intent Notices (CANs/PINs).
We welcome your feedback regarding this FAQ web page. Please direct any questions or comments to the Building Standards Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- FDD Home
- About FDD
- Announcements/Updated Reports
- eServices Information
- Preapproval Programs
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Regulation Codes and Policies
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Forms, Applications, and Reminder Lists
- Project Status Reports
- Training & Education
- Additional Information
- FDD Site Map