Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in an Associate Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- have a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- graduate after June 30, 2018
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for one year
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
Those awarded the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $8,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), county, state or veterans facility.
This page was last updated on Thursday, July 27, 2017.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 14,721 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $169.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.