Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment, the applicant must:
- be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), County, State, prison, or Veteran's facility
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for one year
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $10,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California.
This page was last updated on Friday, March 16, 2018.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 14,721 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $169.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.