Laws & Regulations
Statutory authorization for the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development and its programs is primarily found in Division 107 of the Health and Safety Code, §127000 et seq.
Division 107 is divided into parts that roughly correlate to the Divisions within the Office. Some OSHPD Divisions administer more than one program. (Note that specific program statutes may be located in other areas of the Health and Safety Code, or in other Codes.)
- Healthcare Workforce and Community Development Division programs and Health Professions Education Foundation programs – Part 3, commencing with §127750
- Information Services Division programs – Part 5, commencing with §128675
- Cal-Mortgage Loan Insurance Division – Part 6, commencing with §129000
- Facilities Development Division – Part 7, commencing with §129675
California Codes, including the Health and Safety Code, can be accessed through the Official California Legislative Information website. Select “California Law” and then “Health and Safety Code”.
Most OSHPD program regulations are found in Division 7 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR), commencing with §90001.
Division 7 is divided into chapters – OSHPD Divisions may have regulations in more than one chapter.
- Healthcare Workforce and Community Development Division and Health Professions Education Foundation (Note that specific program regulations may be found in other parts of the CCR)
- Chapter 6, commencing with §92001
- Chapters 14 – 17, commencing with §97700.1
- Information Services Division
- Chapter 9, commencing with §96040,
- Chapter 9.5, commencing with §96060,
- Chapter 10, commencing with §97003
- Cal-Mortgage Division
- Chapter 5, commencing with §91401
Facilities Development Division adopts building standards that are found in Title 24.
Newly Adopted, Amended, or Repealed Regulations#
Posted pursuant to Government Code Section 11343(c).
See the California Code of Regulations website to view a simple text version of the documents in this section.
- Sections 97215, 97218, 97219, 97232, 97244, 97253, and 97255 of Article 8 Patient Data Reporting Requirements. Filed with the Secretary of State on May 2, 2019.
- OSHPD Conflict of Interest Code, Amended – Filed with the Secretary of State on March 7, 2019.
- Sections 97005, 97018, 97019, 97040, 97040.1, 97041, 97041.1, 97043, and 97051 of Chapter 10, Health Facility Data has been filed with the Office of Administrative Law and the proposed regulations are available for review and public comment. The Official Public Comment Period begins Friday, January 11, 2019 and will end at 5:00 p.m. on February 27, 2019.
- Notice of Modifications to Text of Proposed Regulations, Section 97041 of Chapter 10, Health Facility Data, has been issued and is available for review and public comment. The official public comment period begins Wednesday, June 19, 2019 and will end at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 5, 2019.