Laws & Regulations
Statutory authorization for the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development and its programs is primarily found in Division 107 of the Health and Safety Code, §127000 et seq.
Division 107 is divided into parts that roughly correlate to the Divisions within the Office. Some OSHPD Divisions administer more than one program. (Note that specific program statutes may be located in other areas of the Health and Safety Code, or in other Codes.)
- Healthcare Workforce and Community Development Division programs and Health Professions Education Foundation programs – Part 3, commencing with §127750
- Information Services Division programs – Part 5, commencing with §128675
- Cal-Mortgage Loan Insurance Division – Part 6, commencing with §129000
- Facilities Development Division – Part 7, commencing with §129675
California Codes, including the Health and Safety Code, can be accessed through the Official California Legislative Information website. Select “California Law” and then “Health and Safety Code”.
Most OSHPD program regulations are found in Division 7 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR), commencing with §90001.
Division 7 is divided into chapters – OSHPD Divisions may have regulations in more than one chapter.
- Healthcare Workforce and Community Development Division and Health Professions Education Foundation (Note that specific program regulations may be found in other parts of the CCR)
- Chapter 6, commencing with §92001
- Chapters 14 – 17, commencing with §97700.1
- Information Services Division
- Chapter 9, commencing with §96040,
- Chapter 9.5, commencing with §96060,
- Chapter 10, commencing with §97003
- Cal-Mortgage Division
- Chapter 5, commencing with §91401
Facilities Development Division adopts building standards that are found in Title 24.
Newly Adopted, Amended, or Repealed Regulations#
Posted pursuant to Government Code Section 11343(c).
See the California Code of Regulations website to view a simple text version of the documents in this section.
- Sections 97210, 97212, 97213, 97215, 97240, 97241, 97244, 97245, 97246, 97247, 97249, and 97250 of Article 8 Patient Data Reporting Requirements. Filed with the Secretary of State on December 13, 2019.
- Sections 97019 and 97041 of California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 7, Chapter 10: Related to LTC Facility Financial Reporting – Related Parties. The regulations were filed with the Secretary of State on February 27, 2020 and will become effective April 1, 2020.
- There are no Proposed Regulations at this time.