Laws & Regulations
Statutory authorization for the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development and its programs is primarily found in Division 107 of the Health and Safety Code, §127000 et seq.
Division 107 is divided into parts that roughly correlate to the Divisions within the Office. Some OSHPD Divisions administer more than one program. (Note that specific program statutes may be located in other areas of the Health and Safety Code, or in other Codes.)
- Healthcare Workforce and Community Development Division programs and Health Professions Education Foundation programs – Part 3, commencing with §127750
- Information Services Division programs – Part 5, commencing with §128675
- Cal-Mortgage Loan Insurance Division – Part 6, commencing with §129000
- Facilities Development Division – Part 7, commencing with §129675
California Codes, including the Health and Safety Code, can be accessed through LegInfo, the Official California Legislative Information website. Select “California Law” and then “Health and Safety Code”.
Most OSHPD program regulations are found in Division 7 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR), commencing with §90001.
Division 7 is divided into chapters – OSHPD Divisions may have regulations in more than one chapter.
- Healthcare Workforce and Community Development Division and Health Professions Education Foundation (Note that specific program regulations may be found in other parts of the CCR)
- Chapter 6, commencing with §92001
- Chapters 14 – 17, commencing with §97700.1
- Information Services Division
- Chapter 9, commencing with §96040,
- Chapter 10, commencing with §97003
- Cal-Mortgage Division
- Chapter 5, commencing with §91401
Facilities Development Division adopts building standards that are found in Title 24.
The California Code of Regulations (except for Title 24) can be accessed through the Office of Administrative Law website (OAL.ca.gov) or directly using the following link CCRs.
New and Proposed Regulations
Newly adopted, amended, or repealed regulations posted pursuant to Government Code Section 11343(c)
- Section 97174 and 97177.25 of Article 7, CABG Data Reporting Requirements, CABG Data Element Change. Filed with the Secretary of State on June 20, 2018.
- Sections 97212, 97240, 97241, 97246, and 97249 of Article 8 Patient Data Reporting Requirements. Filed with the Secretary of State on May 9, 2018.
- Section 97232 of Article 8 Patient Data Reporting Requirements, Inpatient Expected Source of Payment. Filed with the Secretary of State on February 8, 2018.
- Sections 97177.10, 97177.67, and 97177.70 of Article 7 CABG Data Reporting Requirements. Filed with the Secretary of State on January 24, 2018.
- Amendments to Sections 97215, 97218, 97219, 97253, 97254, 97255, and adoption of Section 97268 for Article 8 Patient Data Reporting Requirements. Filed with the Secretary of State on January 11, 2018.
- Sections 97700.1 through 97760 of HPEF Regulations Authority and Reference Notes. Filed with the Secretary of State on July 3, 2017.
- Sections 97770, 97771, & 97772 of HPEF Immigration and Naturalization Requirements Repealed. Filed with the Secretary of State April 18, 2017.
- Chapter 9.5; Prescription Drug Pricing for Purchasers has been filed with OAL and the proposed regulations are available for review and comment. The Official Public Comment Period begins Friday, July 13, 2018 and will end at 5:00 p.m. on August 29, 2018.