OSHPD Facility Development Division COVID-19 Resources
- General COVID-19 Information
- California Department of Public Health Guidance
- Surge Tents
- Negative Pressure Rooms
- Recommended COVID-19 Essential built environment elements for medical quarantine
- Recommended Guidelines for Re-population for COVID-19 for vacant/closed hospital or Skilled Nursing buildings
- Use of Plastic Barriers Used for Separation of COVID Positive Areas in Healthcare Facilities
- OSHPD Emergency Operation Events
- Contact Information
General COVID-19 Information #
California Department of Public Health Guidance #
AFL 20-26 Suspension of Regulatory Enforcement of Hospital Requirements issued 3/20/2020, Revised 7/3/2020.
For temporary changes of use or modifications to the physical environment for COVID-19, an OSHPD permit is not required until the end of the waiver date in AFL 20-26. OSHPD compliance officer or other OSHPD field staff should be informed of these temporary changes. To determine the OSHPD field staff responsible for a facility, select the appropriate facility in OSHPD Facility Detail. Notify CDPH as required by AFL 20-26.
AFL 18-09 Requesting Increased Patient Accommodations Including Medical Surge Tent Use.
AFL 20-48 Transfers to Low Acuity Alternate Care Sites During Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic.
Negative Pressure Rooms #
See Policy Intent Notice 4. Even though this was written for tuberculosis (TB) cases, this applies for the current COVID-19 Emergency.
Recommended COVID-19 Essential built environment elements for medical quarantine #
Recommended Guidelines for Re-population for COVID-19 for vacant/closed hospital or Skilled Nursing buildings#
Use of Plastic Barriers Used for Separation of COVID Positive Areas in Healthcare Facilities#
OSHPD Emergency Operation Events#
Contact Information #
For questions or comments related to this website, please email OSHPD COVID19 Emergency Operations at EOC@oshpd.ca.gov