Application Process for the Seismic Compliance Unit
Use the Application for New Project (OSH-FD-121) form so that a project number can be created by the Office. Do not create a project number in eCA.
- The Seismic Compliance Unit does not review projects that involve any construction. Such reviews are performed by the appropriate region of the Building Safety Section of OSHPD/FDD. For submittal of projects that involves construction, use the eServices Portal.
- The Seismic Compliance Unit encourages submittal in an electronic format.
- Electronic Documents can be transmitted to the Seismic Compliance Unit (SCU) in a CD or USB, Email or request a FTP link .
Submittal Package Requirements#
- Include a Letter of Transmittal with all the documents transmitted.
- Applications includes:
- Letter of Authorization (OSH-FD-309), if applicable (if the facility legal owner or administrator has not signed the application then a Letter of Authorization (LOA) is required).
- Facility Name and Number is required on all documents.
- One Application PER OSHPD Building (exception is NPC 2 Upgrade), If you have multiple buildings for the same type of project and have the same documents, please combine into one set of documents for all buildings (Applications are the only document that must be one per building).
- Email addresses of all parties INCLUDING a contact at the Facility and the Facility Administrator.
- Single PDF file for each document.
- Reference Plans/As Builts in PDF Format only shall be in a single PDF File according to Project #. All Plans from OSHPD Approved Projects MUST include the Project # on all Plan Sets.
- Back Checks require the addition of Project Numbers.
Document Submittal Format for Seismic Compliance#
Professional Stamps and Signatures as required per:
- California Administrative Code, Section 7-115
- California Administrative Code, Section 7-111
Electronic Documents must be in PDF format with proper Naming Conventions in accordance with the following:
*Substitute FACNO with five-digit Facility ID number.
*Use BLDMULTI where multiple buildings are involved.
For questions or comments related to the Application Process for Submission of Projects, please eMail the Seismic Compliance Unit.