Health Care Payments Data Program Submitters
AB 80 (Chapter 12, Statutes of 2020) provides OSHPD the authority to establish the Health Care Payments Data (HPD) Program, often referred to as an All Payer Claims Database or APCD, a large-scale database that systematically collects health care claim and encounter data from multiple payer sources within a state. The enabling legislation identifies the following entities as mandatory submitters to the HPD:
- Health care service plans, including a specialized health care service plan.
- Insurers licensed to provide health insurance, as defined in Section 106 of the Insurance Code.
- Self-insured plans subject to Section 1349.2, or a state entity, city, county, or other political subdivision of the state, or a public joint labor management trust that offers self-insured or multiemployer-insured plans that pay for or reimburse any part of the cost of health care services.
- The State Department of Health Care Services, for those enrolled in Medi-Cal and other insurance affordability programs, whether enrolled in Medi-Cal managed care, fee-for-service Medi-Cal, or any other payment arrangement.
- The legislation also specifies additional voluntary submitters, who can opt-in to submit their data to the HPD System.
Submitter Group #
Pursuant to Section 127672 of the Health and Safety Code, OSHPD is authorized to convene stakeholder committees or workgroups as necessary to support effective operation of the system. In addition to the statutorily mandated HPD Advisory Committee, OSHPD is convening a submitter group to provide a forum for HPD Data Submitters to receive up to date information on submission requirements, troubleshoot data submissions, and address any other technical issues as related to data submission.
These meetings are intended for entities that will be required to submit or are supporting the submission of data to the HPD System. If you are interested in learning more about joining the submitter group meetings, please email email@example.com describing your interest in attending.
July 15, 2021
- Agenda (Coming soon!)
- Meeting Materials
Submitter FAQ’s #
Submitter Resources #
- Data will be submitted to the HPD System using the Common Data Layout for State APCDs (APCD-CDL™) Version 2 (February 2021). To request a copy, visit APCD Council.
- To learn more about HPD requirements, please visit: Healthcare Payments Data (HPD) Program Frequently Asked Questions
Contact HPD at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional HPD questions or inquiries.
To receive regular informational updates about the program, subscribe to the HPD mailing list.