Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program
Health and Safety Code Section 1339.85-1339.87 requires the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) to develop and administer a Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting program to collect and post hospital supplier diversity reports explaining the hospital’s supplier diversity statement and expressing its goals regarding certified minority, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT), and disabled veteran business enterprises. Hospitals are uniquely positioned to build relationships within the communities they serve through the development, inclusion, and utilization of certified minority, women, LGBT, and disabled veteran business enterprises whenever possible, and through this program OSHPD can support expanding opportunities for diverse communities.
Hospitals, with operating expenses over a specified amount, are required to annually submit a report to OSHPD on their minority, women, LGBT, and disabled veteran business enterprise procurement efforts. OSHPD is required to maintain a link on the OSHPD website that provides access to the content of hospital supplier diversity reports to the public. The first annual submission of supplier diversity reports is due by July 1, 2021.
Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission#
As required by Health and Safety Code Section 1339.88, OSHPD is responsible for convening a hospital supplier diversity commission comprised of the public and health care, diversity, and procurement stakeholders to advise OSHPD and the hospital industry on best methods to increase procurement with diverse suppliers within the hospital industry and to promote and provide outreach to hospitals that are actively engaged in supplier diversity issues.
Learn more about the Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission at the link below.
The February 2021 Implementation Plan includes anticipated program activities through July 2022.
2021 – February to June#
- Disseminate information to hospitals for first reporting period
- Begin collecting hospital reports
- Select commission members and finalize appointments
- Convene Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission
2021 – July to December#
- Collect reports with 30-day extensions by July 31st
- Post first set of annual reports to the OSHPD website
- Publish draft regulations and take public comment
- Reconvene Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission to discuss data collected
2022 – January to June#
- Regulations become effective
- Deploy online system to collect hospital reports
- Begin collection and review of second year hospital reports
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Report – Guidance
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program – Template
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program – System Template
Contact the Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting program at email@example.com.