Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program
- Submit New Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
- Find Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
- Upcoming Activities
- Additional Resources
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission (HSDC)
Health and Safety Code Section 1339.85-1339.87 requires the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) to develop and administer a Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting program to collect and post hospital supplier diversity reports explaining the hospital’s supplier diversity statement and procurement efforts regarding certified minority, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT), and disabled veteran business enterprises.
Hospitals, with operating expenses over a specified amount, are required to annually submit a report to OSHPD on their minority, women, LGBT, and disabled veteran business enterprise procurement efforts. OSHPD is required to maintain a link on the OSHPD website that provides access to the content of hospital supplier diversity reports to the public. The first annual submission of supplier diversity reports is due by July 1, 2021.
Submit New Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
First Year Report due July 1, 2021.
Email electronic Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports to email@example.com. In the email, include a list of hospitals and the OSHPD ID numbers. You can find your OSHPD ID number by clicking on facility finder and searching for your hospital profile.
Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Templates and Guidance for first year reporting can be found under the Additional Resources section below.
Request an Extension
A hospital may request, a 30-day extension to file the report if needed due to unintended or unforeseen delays. If you are requesting a 30-day extension, please email your request including hospital name(s) and OSHPD ID number(s) with justification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 1339.87 provides for a civil penalty of one hundred dollars ($100) per day for failure to file a timely report. Penalties imposed may be appealed pursuant to current appeals processes provided by Sections 128770 and 128775.
If you need to register as a submitter, email your facility name, OSHPD ID, and primary contact information including your name, title, phone number, and email address to email@example.com.
Find Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
The February 2021 Implementation Plan includes anticipated program activities through July 2022.
2021 – February to June
- Disseminate information to hospitals for first reporting period
- Begin collecting hospital reports
- Select commission members and finalize appointments
- Convene Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission
2021 – July to December
- Collect reports with 30-day extensions by July 31st
- Post first set of annual reports to the OSHPD website
- Publish draft regulations and take public comment
- Reconvene Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission to discuss data collected
2022 – January to June
- Regulations become effective
- Deploy online system to collect hospital reports
- Begin collection and review of second year hospital reports
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Report – Guidance
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program – Template
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program – System Template
- Hospital Operating Expenses (The operating expenses are based on submitted Annual Financial Disclosure Reports for hospital fiscal years ended in 2019.)
Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission (HSDC)
As required by Health and Safety Code Section 1339.88, OSHPD is responsible for convening a hospital supplier diversity commission comprised of the public and health care, diversity, and procurement stakeholders to advise OSHPD and the hospital industry on best methods to increase procurement with diverse suppliers within the hospital industry and to promote and provide outreach to hospitals that are actively engaged in supplier diversity issues.
Learn more about the HSDC at the link below.
For all inquiries related to the Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program, please reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hospital Supplier Diversity inbox is supported Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST, excluding State of California observed holidays.
Subscribe below to receive program updates.