How to Contribute#
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) programs are funded, in part, though philanthropic contributions from individuals, private corporations, foundations, health plans, and hospitals.
HPEF is a public charity and is eligible to receive tax deductible donations. HPEF’s Tax Identification Number is 68-0178150.
Gifts of Cash:
Gifts of cash may be paid immediately or pledged for payment over a three to five-year time at the convenience of the donor. Generally speaking, non-cash gifts will be liquidated immediately upon receipt.
Corporate Matching Gifts:
Many employers have policies and procedures for making gifts to organizations that are supported by their employees and retired personnel. If you or your spouse is employed (or retired) from a corporation that “matches” gifts, the effect of your personal contribution is doubled. Check with your Employee Benefits Division to determine if your gift to HPEF qualifies for matching support. If so, request the form for completion and submission.
Individuals, private foundations, and corporations may regionalize their support to specific geographic areas of California when donating gifts or making grants to HPEF.
The Health Professions Education Foundation manages all gift and grant income in consultation with the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development’s Accounting Office. All pledges and gifts will be acknowledged in writing.
If you would prefer to send a check, please make checks payable to the Health Professions Education Foundation and mail to the address below:
Health Professions Education Foundation
2020 West El Camino Avenue, Suite 1129
Sacramento, CA 95833
(916) 326-3640 / (800) 773-1669
Fax: (916) 324-6585
If you are an employee of the State of California, you can contribute to HPEF through your monthly paycheck. Learn more.
The Foundation administers its programs from six funds established by the California State Legislature:
- The Vocational Nurse Education Fund
- Funded through a $5.00 surcharge for renewal of the Vocational Nurse license in California
- Supports the Vocational Nurse Scholarship and Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment Programs
- The Registered Nurse Education Fund
- Funded through a $10.00 surcharge for renewal of the Registered Nurse license in California
- Supports the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship, Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing, the Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship, and the Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program
- The Mental Health Practitioner Education Fund
- Funded through a $20.00 surcharge for renewal of Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Licensed Clinical Social Worker licenses in California
- Supports the Licensed Mental Health Service Provider Education Program
- The Health Professions Education Fund
- Supported entirely through grants and contributions from public and private agencies hospitals, health plans, foundations, corporations, and individuals
- Supports the Allied Healthcare Scholarship, the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program, the Advanced Practice Healthcare Scholarship, and the Advanced Practice Healthcare Loan Repayment Program
- Medically Underserved Account for Physicians
- Funded through a $25.00 surcharge for renewal of allopathic physician licenses in California and through the Managed Care Administrative Fines and Penalties Fund.
- Supports the Steven M. Thompson Physician Corp Loan Repayment Program
Steven M. Thompson Annual Reports#
HPEF Annual Reports#
Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Reports#
Community Healthcast Podcast #
The Importance of Building the Primary Care & Health Professions Workforce#
Do you want to learn more about HPEF’s programs? Listen to our podcast recorded in partnership with the California Primary Care Association’s (CPCA) Community Healthcasts.
CPCA’s Director of Health Center Operations, Christina Hicks, chats with Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment (STLRP) Awardee, Dr. Jasmeet Bains about the exceptional support STLRP has provided her as a rural physician in Taft,CA.