Application Cycle: CLOSED
The next AHLRP Application Cycle opens on September 1, 2021 and closes on October 1, 2021.
The CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP) aims to increase the number of appropriately trained Allied Healthcare professionals in California and encourages those professionals to provide direct patient care in CMSP-designated counties in California.
The CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program may award up to $16,000 and may be awarded up to three (3) times.
“I finally feel as if I am making true progress in paying off the loan amount instead of dropping pennies down a giant well.”Lisa Nicholson, 2013 AHLRP Awardee
Review the AHLRP Grant Guide for program guidance and requirements.
To be eligible for the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program, you must be currently licensed and practicing one of the following Allied Healthcare professions:
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Community Health Worker
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Sonographer/Radiographer (including mammographer, etc.)
- Electrocardiogram Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Health Educator
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Interpreter
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Radiation Scientist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Radiotherapist/Radiation Therapist/Medical Dosimetrist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
IN ADDITION, THE APPLICANT MUST:
- Be providing direct patient care 32 hours or more per week
- Be in good standing with respective licensure, board or certification
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other Health Professions Education Foundation programs
- Be willing to continue working at a CMSP contracted provider location or facility for twelve (12) months
Location Eligibility Requirements
OSHPD is only awarding Allied Healthcare Professionals in CMSP-designated counties, facilities, and professions. View list of CMSP facilities in California that qualify.
Applicants must be working in a CMSP Designated County. The 35 CMSP participating counties include: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Nevada, Plumas, San Benito, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba.