Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Click the “Do I Qualify” button below to determine if you are eligible to apply to the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program.
About the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program#
The purpose of this program is to increase the number of appropriately trained Allied Healthcare professionals and encourage them to provide direct patient care in CMSP-designated counties in California. If awarded, recipients agree to continue practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twelve (12) month service obligation. Applicants may be awarded up to three (3) times.
The CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program may award up to $16,000.
Applicants must be working in a CMSP Designated County. The 35 CMSP participating counties include: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Nevada, Plumas, San Benito, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba.
Who May Apply?#
HPEF is awarding only Allied Healthcare Professionals in CMSP-designated counties, facilities, and professions. Please see list of CMSP facilities in California that qualify.
To be eligible for the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program, applicants must be currently licensed and practicing in one of the following Allied Healthcare professions:
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Community Health Worker/Promotora
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Sonographer/Radiographer (including mammographer, etc.)
- Electrocardiogram Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Health Educator
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Interpreter
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Radiation Scientist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiotherapist/Radiation Therapist/Medical Dosimetrist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
In addition, the applicant must:#
- Be providing direct patient care 32 hours or more per week
- Be working in a qualified facility
- Be in good standing with respective licensure, board or certification
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other HPEF programs
- Be willing to continue working in a CMSP contracted facility for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through the OSHPD Funding Portal by the application deadline