Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
UPDATE: The application deadline for the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP) has been extended until Tuesday, October 16 at 5:00 PM. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
About the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program
The purpose of this program is to increase the number of appropriately trained allied healthcare professionals and encourage them to provide direct patient care in medically underserved areas of California. If awarded, recipients agree to continue practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twelve (12) month service obligation. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
The CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program may award up to $16,000.
The applicant must be working in a CMSP Designated County. The 35 CMSP participating counties include: Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Nevada, Plumas, San Benito, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba.
Who May Apply?
HPEF is only awarding Allied Healthcare Professionals in CMSP-designated counties, facilities, and professions. Please see list of CMSP facilities in California that qualify.
To be eligible for the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program, the applicant must be currently licensed and practicing in an Allied Healthcare Profession, which includes the following professions:
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Community Health Worker/Promotora
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Sonographer/Radiographer (including mammographer, sonographer, etc.)
- Electrocardiogram Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Interpreter
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Radiation Scientist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiotherapist/Radiation Therapist/Medical Dosimetrist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
In addition, the applicant must:
- Be providing direct patient care 32+ hours or more a week
- Be working in a qualified facility
- Be in good standing with respective licensure, board or certification
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other HPEF programs
- Be willing to continue working in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through e-app by the application deadline