Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
About the Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $10,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Who May Apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP), the applicant must:
- Be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- Be providing direct patient care 32+ hours or more a week
- Be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), County, State, prison, or Veteran’s facility
- Be in good standing with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other HPEF programs
- Be willing to continue working in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through e-app by the application deadline