Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
About the Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program#
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $10,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Health Professional Shortage Area- Primary Care (HPSA-PC), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), or Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any State, County, Veteran, or Correctional Facility qualifies as well as Native Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Who May Apply?#
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP), the applicant must:
- Be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- Be providing direct patient care 32+ hours or more a week
- Be in good standing with the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other HPEF programs
- Be willing to continue working in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through the OSHPD Funding Portal by the application deadline