Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment Program (LVNLRP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
About the Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment Program#
Those awarded the Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment may receive up to $6,000. If awarded, recipients agree to continue practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twelve (12) month service obligation. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Health Professional Shortage Area- Primary Care (HPSA-PC), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), or Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any State, County, Veteran, or Correctional Facility qualifies as well as Native Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Who May Apply?#
To be eligible for the Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment, the applicant must be:
- currently licensed and practicing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
In addition, the applicant must:#
- Be providing direct patient care 32+ hours or more a week
- Be working in a qualified facility
- Be in good standing with California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other HPEF programs
- Be willing to continue working in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through the OSHPD Funding Portal by the application deadline