Application Cycle: CLOSED
The next LVNLRP Application Cycle opens on September 1, 2021 and closes on October 1, 2021.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment Program may award up to $6,000 and can be awarded up to three (3) times. If awarded, recipients agree to continue practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twelve (12) month service obligation.
“This award helped me pay back part of the educational loan I had to take out when I was pursuing my LVN degree.”Kimberly Cocilova, 2015 LVNLRP Awardee
Review the LVNLRP Grant Guide for program guidance and requirements.
To be eligible for the Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment (LVNLRP), the applicant must be:
- Currently licensed and practicing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Be providing direct patient care 32 hours or more per week
- Be working in a qualified facility in California
- Be in good standing with the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- Be free from any other service obligation, including other Health Professions Education Foundation programs
- Be willing to continue working in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
Location Eligibility Requirements
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Health Professional Shortage Area- Primary Care (HPSA-PC), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), or Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA).In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, Native Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers qualify as well. State, County, and Correctional Facilities may qualify as well as long as in a qualified Shortage Designation.
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION