Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program (ADNSP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION#
About the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program#
Those awarded the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship may receive up to *$8,000 for one year of school. If awarded, recipients agree to twelve (12) month service obligation practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), State, County or Veterans Facility.
Who May Apply?#
To be eligible for the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be currently accepted or enrolled in an Associate Degree nursing program in California
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units, or its equivalent until program completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Graduate after June 30, 2019
- Be free from any other service obligation, except HPEF scholarship programs
- Be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application by 5:00 PM on the deadline