Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program (ADN)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
About the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program
Those awarded the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $8,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), county, state or veterans facility.
Who May Apply?
To be eligible for the Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in an Associate Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- graduate after June 30, 2018
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for one year
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
- Graduation Date Verification Form
- Scholarship Programs Technical Assistance Calendar (2018-2019 Schedule Coming Soon)