Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship Program (BSNSP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION#
About the Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship Program#
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to *$10,000 for one year of school. If awarded, recipients agree to twelve (12) month service obligation practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), State, County, or Veteran Facility.
Who May Apply?#
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program in California
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units, or its equivalent until program completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Graduate after June 30, 2019
- Be free from any other service obligation, except HPEF scholarship programs
- Be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application by 5:00 PM on the deadline