Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship Program (BSNSP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
About the Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship Program#
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to *$10,000 for one year of school. If awarded, recipients agree to twelve (12) month service obligation practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Health Professional Shortage Area- Primary Care (HPSA-PC), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), or Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any State, County, Veteran, or Correctional Facility qualifies as well as Native Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Who May Apply?#
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units, or its equivalent until program completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Graduate after June 30, 2020
- Be free from any other service obligation
- Be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through the OSHPD Funding Portal by the application deadline