Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program (LVN to ADN)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
About the Licensed Vocation Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program (LVN to ADN)
Those awarded the Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $8,000 for one year of school. If awarded, recipients agree to practice full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twelve (12) month service obligation as a Registered Nurse. Applicants can be awarded up to three (3) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as a Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA) or a Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any state, county, veteran, or correctional facility qualifies as well as Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Who May Apply?
To be eligible for the Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing (LVN to ADN) Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be currently accepted or enrolled in a California Board of Registered Nursing program for Associate Degree Nursing
In addition, the applicant must:
- Be a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Be enrolled in 6 units or more
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Graduate after June 30, 2018
- Be free from any other service obligation, except HPEF scholarship programs
- Be willing to work in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
- Graduation Date Verification Form
- Scholarship Programs Technical Assistance Calendar (2018-2019 Schedule Coming Soon)