Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program (LVN to ADN)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship may award up to $8,000 for one year of school and can be awarded up to three (3) times. If awarded, recipients agree to a twelve (12) month service obligation practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California as a Registered Nurse.
To be eligible for the Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing (LVN to ADN) Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be currently accepted or enrolled in a Registered Nursing program for Associate Degree Nursing
In addition, the applicant must:#
- Be a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units, or its equivalent until program completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Graduate after June 30, 2021
- Be free from any other service obligation
- Be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for twelve (12) months
Location Eligibility Requirements#
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Health Professional Shortage Area- Primary Care (HPSA-PC), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA), or Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any State, County, Veteran, or Correctional Facility qualifies as well as Native Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION