Vocational Nurse Scholarship Program (VNSP)
A PROGRAM OF THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION FOUNDATION#
About the Vocational Nurse Scholarship Program#
Those awarded the Vocational Nurse Scholarship may receive up to *$4,000 for one year of school. If awarded, recipients agree to a twelve (12) month service obligation practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Applicants can be awarded up to two (2) times.
Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as a Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA) or a Registered Nurse Shortage Area (RNSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any State, County, Veteran, or Correctional Facility qualifies as well as Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Who May Apply?#
To be eligible for the Vocational Nurse Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be currently accepted or enrolled in a California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians program for Vocational Nursing
In addition, the applicant must:#
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units, or its equivalent until program completion
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- Graduate after June 30, 2019
- Be free from any other service obligation, except HPEF scholarship programs
- Be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for twelve (12) months
- Complete and submit your application by 5:00 PM on the deadline