The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) is releasing the first Health Care Payments Data (HPD) Quarterly Newsletter. The newsletter is designed to keep stakeholders informed on programmatic updates including information about the upcoming Advisory Committee Meetings, Advisory Committee Recommendations, National All Payer Claims Database (APCD) updates and HPD careers.
- OSHPD continues to develop HPD technology infrastructure, including the Master Patient and Provider Indexes, which will enable accurate and efficient data linkage to support longitudinal and population-level analyses.
- The 2019 Medicare Fee for Service Dataset was procured in May; this will be the second year of Medicare data obtained for incorporation into the HPD System.
- OSHPD is participating in the National Association of Health Data Organization’s Non-Claim Payment Data Collection and Use meeting series with states and other stakeholders, which began in May.
- OSHPD continues its outreach to HPD Data Submitters and is preparing to convene the first submitter group meeting in July. Please email email@example.com should you be interested in attending.
- OSHPD has developed an HPD Data Submitter web page to help inform and support data submitters through the submission process.
National APCD Updates
- First public meeting of the State All Payer Claims Databases Advisory Committee held on May 19, 2021. At this first meeting the committee discussed the charter as well as creation of principles for the committee.
- The second meeting of the committee has been scheduled for June 11.
- The committee was convened to advise the Secretary of Labor on the standardized reporting format for the voluntary reporting by group health plans to State APCDs, as well as development of guidance to states to implement the format.
- The Committee must submit a report to the Secretary, the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions of the Senate, the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and the Committee on Education and Labor of the House of Representatives that includes recommendations on the establishment of the format and guidance no later than June 25, 2021.
HPD Advisory Committee
The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) is hosting the next Health Care Payments Data Program Advisory Committee Meeting on July 22, 2021. The meeting will be held virtually via WebEx Live from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (PST).
The agenda and all other meeting materials will be posted on the HPD Advisory Committee website prior to the meeting.
2021 Advisory Committee Meeting Dates
Are you interested in joining the HPD Team?
Watch for job opportunities coming soon to support the Health Care Payments Data Program at:
Watch OSHPD’s Monthly News Update for more department wide updates
About the HPD Program
Assembly Bill 80 (Chapter 12, Statutes of 2020) provides OSHPD the authority to establish the Health Care Payments Data Program (HPD), often referred to as an All Payer Claims Database or APCD, which is intended to support greater health care cost transparency, inform policy decisions supporting quality health care, and to reduce health care costs and disparities.
If this newsletter was forwarded to you, and you would like to receive future ones please subscribe to “Healthcare Payments Database News” here.