Hospital Financial Analysis Platform
OSHPD’s new financial analysis platform gives users enhanced access to hospital financial data. Users can access revenue and expenses, assets and liabilities, financial ratios, as well as non-financial hospital reports on staffing, average length of stay, occupancy rates, and services available at healthcare facilities. This platform provides access to healthcare financial data with interactive online reports.
Uncompensated Care by Facility, Five-Year Trend
More About the Financial Analysis Platform
- Visualize financial data with various report types.
Users have the ability to apply multiple filters and drill down into the data.
- Utilize simple and easy-to-use charts.
Compare by hospital, location, year and more.
- Download the data.
Export the raw data as a machine-readable CSV file for the entire dataset or for a specific view.
- Share information.
Publish information directly via email or social media platforms.
About OSHPD’s Financial Data
OSHPD sets standards for, collects, and edits financial data from licensed hospitals, long-term care facilities, primary care clinics, specialty clinics, and hospices in California.
Types of financial data include:
- Income, Balance, Equity, and Cash Flow Statements
- Detailed trial balances of revenue by payer and revenue center
- Expenses by natural classification and cost center
- Productive hours and average hourly wage rates by employee classification and cost center
- These data are updated on a continual, regular basis and include submitted and audited data
Data and Resources
- How to Use the Tool
- Glossary of Data Elements (Data Dictionary)
- Detailed Data Documentation
- Complete Datasets
- Pivot Profiles
- Individual Financial Disclosure Reports
Topic: Cost Transparency, Hospital Financials
Temporal Coverage: 2014-2015
Spatial/Geographic Coverage: Statewide
Geographic Granularity: Location Point